TJF: “It’s a week from tomorrow.”
JWD: “Oh, okay… I guess we’ll just stay at home all day.”
TJF: “Actually, it’s on a Friday, so we’ll be at work.”
Last year for Joe’s birthday, we’d only been dating about a month and I was FREAKING out b/c I didn’t know if he expected me to do something ‘special’ and/or buy him a gift. I actually took a half day at work, so that I could get it all figured out.
TJF: “If you could eat anywhere today- where would it be?... do you have a favorite restaurant?”
JWD: “Yeah, actually I do.”
…..I’d prepared myself to hear something grandiose, where I was going to have to pay a pretty penny to entertain my new friend.
TJF: “Okay,… well- we’ll eat there for dinner. Where is it that you want go?”
JWD: “Panda Express.”
TJF: “Wait? Whaaaa??”
JWD: “Yeah- I love that place! It’s my favorite restaurant!!”
….and off to Panda we went.
I have a fairly large family, and we are ALL about birthdays. LOVE EM. Don’t really celebrate Mothers Day/Fathers Day (b/c we express our love and gratitude EVERY DAY!)… but let it be your birthday!! We’re going to plan a surprise party, take you to dinner, have a pool party, hang a piñata, go bowling, jump in a bounce house, drink a margarita, drop it like it's hot and buy your ass a cake w/your face on it. We LOVE birthdays!
Joe Driver?... not so much.
Before Joe and I get married, he’s going to need to get with the program! We literally have a birthday every other month or so. We are forever getting together to celebrate the birth of someone.
February- Mama
May- Krystal
July- Joe
August- Trey
September- Dad and Robert
November- Clayton and Trent
December- Kathy and Me!
I appreciate that just about everything about Joe is very low key… he adds normalcy to the hectic mess that is me.
…Joe’s birthday is a week from tomorrow.
I wonder what we’ll do?...maybe I'll scheme a little something on my own.
(this is actually MY birthday...)
Tiff's 25th @ Pappasitos
Krystal's 26th @ Babin's
Trent's 4th @ Pump It Up
My 27th @ Lupe Tortillas
Clayton & Trent's bday breakfast @ Denny's
Trent's 3rd @ Chuck E. Cheese
Clayton & Trent's bday breakfast at Denny's
Kathy's surprise 35th @ Red Zone
Trey's 11th @ the Lakemont Pool House
....see what I mean, we love to celebrate a birth! (wait... I think we might just love an excuse to get together and have cake!)










No comments:
Post a Comment